If you would like to see my artwork in real life, you can visit my home studio (by appointment only). I exhibit in different locations around UK and DK Contact me via livsmalerier@gmail.com or via direct message on Instagram: sussi.louise to learn more

Sorry, but at the moment I am closed for commissions.

torsdag den 1. april 2021

The Humans Who Inspire Me: Tjasa Owen

www.tjasaowen.com
An American seascape painter who continuously inspire me by playing with my colours
ok, not MY colours, but the colours that vibrationally signify my true self
Maybe yours too?

Anyways, I do not know how, but in a previous life I think Tjasa might have been my favourite muse, an angel in disguise, possibly a mermaid sister
and
Every
Single
Day
I feel seen when I look at her paintings.
It is a really beautiful thing, feeling seen.
Invisibility was always a theme of mine growing up. 
Double-edged sword kindafink
wanting desperately to achieve that perfect level of clear water blend-in-ness
cherishing the ability to disappear
but also hungering, starving to be seen. 
Really seen
As the person I was. 
I had a strong sense of self even as a child
and I knew I was not truly seen.
Loved, but not for who I really was. Does that make sense?

Anyways, what happens sometimes, 
when I see certain constellations of colours, like the ones Tjasa use,  
is that a song forms in my head
a seashanty-like wave of nodes and words kissing my synaesthesia brain
like the painting above did:
'Sea Grit'



 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar