If you would like to see my artwork in real life, you can visit my home studio (by appointment only). I exhibit in different locations around UK and DK Contact me via livsmalerier@gmail.com or via direct message on Instagram: sussi.louise to learn more

Sorry, but at the moment I am closed for commissions.

tirsdag den 30. november 2021

'Seachanger - Wave Weaver' New Book Out Now

 'Seachanger - Wave Weaver' the second book in the Blue trilogy is out on December 1st 2021


I have created another book of poetry and flash fiction. It is as seashaken as the first, but in this, the focus is on the changing. Change of circumstances, perspectives, a debate of how we perceive reality, realities; time and times past and future. 

As ever the healing point of origin, for me, is the salty sea. But not any sea. Sea I can touch. The poem 'Not my sea' gets into the meat of that. 
This is also a book of irreverent flippancy and unapologetic swearing at all things cancer and illness. Not a pity party. More like a KBO fest.

The book starts with the poem 

And So it Begins

with a moonrise
kissing the edges of the eastern sea
harvest sized
Red horizon seeking me

I am right here,
as ever.

Open arms.

Ready for the first rush of night

This is how it always begins
with a moonrise,
by a sea
and my open heart



We all weave our tapestries with what we have got. If you can't make it pretty, might as well make it good fun. This weaving of words is coloured by a year of funerals I could not attend, coffee I drank and all the beautiful people who helped us through the last few years of navigating cancer and COVID restrictions. 

Disclaimer: If you are triggered by talk of grave illness, swearing, death, and making sense of all of this using dark humour, blue language and growing fins, scales and possibly gills. THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.

However if you like a bit of Scandinavian WTH,  bedazzled with Tjasa Owen Seascape painting magic... buy it. Read it, write to me, call me, just don't turn up at my house, that would be weird, dude.

£ 11 
You can acquire this salt cut collection directly from Galleri Livsmaleri by sending an email gallerilivsmaleri@gmail.com international shipping £4 UK shipping free

Or order via

Https://www.waterstones.com/book/seachanger/sussi-louise-smith/9780995751248

Or

https://www.grovebookshopbooks.com/product/seachanger-wave-weaver/




Tjasa Owen   www.tjasaowen.com


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar